Allusion Poem and Graphic Final

Friday, January 28, 2011

Battlefield:

As I step onto the field,

adrenaline and anxiousness flow through me.

A battlefield,

where a single wrong move could cost me.

But I do not worry,

I will overcome all obstacles,

slay any python,

destroy any giant,

and defeat any satyr,

that chooses to stand in my way.

I am not afraid of an opponent bigger than me,

for I shall overcome him using nimbleness and agility.

But I can also bring out the big spears,

if need be.

But this is not the first time i've been in this situation,

This is my LIFE.

1 comments:

Kai said...

Allusion Poem and Graphic Reflection

A. I really enjoy greek myths so I decided to look at the stories of the greek gods. My first was decision was to right my allusion about Apollo. However when I started writing my poem it sounded more like Ares. I then changed my allusion to Ares and wrote my poem from there.

B. I wanted my poem to appeal to readers but also show the comparison between my allusion and I. I wanted to use sentencing fluency to keep my readers interested and have some rhythm and flow to my writing.

C. I wanted to show the comparison between my allusion and I in my graphic as well. I tried to make it seem like the ball was my “sword” and glove was my “shield.”

D. Researching about an allusion that relates to you is kind of like researching yourself. You read stories about characters that may feel the same way as you or maybe reacted the same way that you would have in that situation. You learn more about yourself and that will help you to appreciate yourself more in this world.

Post a Comment