My Writing Experiences and Goals

Thursday, August 20, 2009
I have had a lot of experiences in writing through school. Writing has never been my strongest point, but I try hard to keep my readers entertained. My goal in writing is to be more descriptive. Adding more detail to my writing will help to make my writing pieces more entertaining and interested. This is an important skill that I will use throughout my high school career and in the real world.

1 comments:

lsueoka said...

Hi Kai,

Good point about writing skill being useful in the real world. I think that’s accurate.

Here are my comments on your writing pre-assessment: Your narrative about your last day at Highlands has a beginning, middle, and end. You include a conflict—not wanting to cry over the good byes—and a resolution—you made it! What would make the essay stronger would be more specific details. You do mention that the girls were crying, but more particular details about particular people would bring the description to life, not every little detail, but just enough to establish that authenticity and “show, not tell” about the event.

For your idea bank: you have many emotions represented here. I would recommend adding in specific detail about individuals involved and the setting of those incidents.

mrs s

Post a Comment